Nordkalotteleden, Kalottireitti, Nordkalottruta: The final section.

P7082777
I have now completed the final leg of the Kalottireitti (Nordkalottruta) between Kilpisjärvi and Kautokeino. Over the coming weeks I will write a trip report, gear report, the tale of two jetboil sol ti’s, reflections on gear appropriate for the trail as well as other comments.

But for now I will leave you with two photos. The first is Lapland summer hiking essentials; sun hat, mosquito headnet, sunscreen and bug repellant.

P7082783
The second photo is my typical lunch; tortilla, vegemite and solbærtoddy (thanks to Helen and Thomas for introducing me to this refreshing drink)

P7072745

This entry was posted in Kalottireitti, Nordkalotten Trail, Nordkalottruta. Bookmark the permalink.

6 Responses to Nordkalotteleden, Kalottireitti, Nordkalottruta: The final section.

1. helenjfisher says:

So glad you like the Solbærtoddy and so cool you've got your Vegemite! 🙂 Loved seeing your Aussie roots are very apparent!

Look forward to the trip report. I must know did the Sol Ti fail?

Thanks Helen, the Vegemite provides me with all my salt needs along the trail, as for the Solbærtoddy, the good news was I was able to resupply in Kautokeino so now have enough for a while.

The answer is yes and no, but also more one of human failure. I will be posting the report over the weekend.

5. cayte says:

hi – i think i met you in somas hytte on that super-windy day, when you went only 3.5 k from kobmajoki… i am the american girl. i am glad your journey went well… i am half-done with mine… restocking in abosco and deciding which route to take from here on.

Hi Cayte, yes I am the one, and I am glad to hear you are progressing well. Did you get your warm jacket in Kilpisjärvi? With regard to your future route I suggest that you take the long way home, that is via Gautelishytta, Skoaddejávri, Sitashyytene, Paurohytte, Roysvatn, whilst less well marked than heading to Ritsem via Hukejaurestugan it is more scenic in my view. You can resupply at Vajsaluokta, by boat to Ritsem and Staloluoktastugen but you may also be able to buy Reindeer meat and fish at Arasluoktastugorna.Enjoy your travels and let me know when you finish.